Federal Warning System's Electronic Directional Speaker Array, model DSA, is comprised of 1, 2, 3 or 4 vertical support structures with two to six re-entrant speaker array projectors mounted on each vertical support stack.
School and Campus Alerting
Federal Signal's School and Campus Alert Solution provides a fast, complete communication system in order to alert and direct individuals in the event of an emergency. This integrated solution allows for school/campus-wide coverage in a fully integrated indoor/outdoor/personal alerting system, essential when notifying key locations, admin offices, classroom areas, office employees and 911 centers.
Instant Alerting to Authorities, Two-way Communications and Alerting and Mass Notification for Possible "Lock-down" Situations
School officials simply cannot afford to limit their concern to education alone. Student safety and security continues to be a top priority. Choosing an effective and reliable school and campus mass notification and security solution is critical to the safety of student and faculty members.
When an emergency occurs, how quickly are you able to communicate with students, first responders, staff and visitors?
Federal Signal offers a variety of campus communication solutions that can be readily customized to your organization's specific safety and security needs. These solutions focus on providing fast and reliable communications in order to notify the school, campus, security personnel, administrators, local law enforcement and other first responders of a significant emergency or dangerous situation on an instant's notice.
Our Federal Signal solutions can be readily adapted to meet a school district's or university campus' particular needs. These fully integrated solutions can consist of networked equipment that communicates with local 911 centers; it can be compatible with outdoor and indoor warning speakers and strobes; and lastly, can work with our SmartMsg urgent notification system.
Federal Signal's Campus Alert System provide fast, complete communication to alert and direct individuals in the event of an emergency. Campus Alert allows for campus-wide coverage in a fully integrated indoor/outdoor/personal alerting system; essential when notifying key gathering locations such as dormatories, admin/classroom areas, and office complexes.
Solution options may include:
- Two-Way alerting devices that can be deployed throughout targeted locations
- A listen/push-to-talk capability available between the location and a 911 center
- Alert button initiates computer pop-up window/tone alert at the 911 center
- Integration with existing PA systems
- 911 center can initiate real-time public address, preprogrammed message or tones to broadcast over the Informer-IP built-in loudspeaker
- Optional key fobs can be used as portable in-building alerting devices
- Emergency push buttons can be located in classrooms or hallways for easy accessibility
- SmartMsg compatible -send voice and text messages to thousands of students, faculty, and parents in seconds.
- Designed for daily use, not just during emergencies
- Single button activation of outdoor, indoor and personal devices
- Mapping software identifies activation location for quick emergency response
- Radio interface feature allows alerts to be broadcasted direct to radio systems, including text-to-speech message on a radio system
- Non-networked solutions also available